September 23, 2009

Medieval Faire

Here are photos from our family Medieval fair. I had to include the cake! Orange and blue with a Medieval twist?!
Two more medieval costumes are finished. I began sewing on Friday, and finished them Saturday! The felt lion was the most intricate part. It took the longest to precisely cut out, and then applique with a close ziz zag stitch, on the front of Elijah's outfit. There are four walking splits in each outfit, with a bar tack at the opening to help prevent tears from strenuous use!
Noah is "fencing" (posing). Nehemiah and Elijah with their matching outfits.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! The costumes turned out great! Oh...and I've got to know-who made the cake? Love the colors on it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily, the cake was from Hitchcocks :) And, where is your blog? All of a sudden, I can't find it when I click on your name.
    Can you send me the url again?
    (sewveryblessed09@gmail.com)
    ~Thanks,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Anne!
    I love the costumes :)! They look great! You made them all right?
    Oh! I finally got to look at the picture you sent me..I love it :)! It looks like you all had a really great time doing that :). Did you all make your own costumes?
    Well, I need to go now..but I will talk to you later! Love you :)!

    ~Ally

    ReplyDelete